Tuesday 18 September 2012

Book Review : The New recruit

Hello:)
So I just finished reading Jill Williamson's new book - The New Recruit so as usual here's the review!
The cover:


Spencer is an average teenager who likes to play basketball and lives with him grandma, he is forced to choose between military school or a Christian spy organisation that he has never heard of, to him there is no choice, he chooses the Christians but he isn't very happy about it and when a girl in the organisation thinks that it is her place to teach him about god it makes it all worse. When they take a summer trip to Moscow to help some homeless people he realizes that there is more to the mission league than he originally thought. After he gets into a bad situation with a gang of homeless boys Spencer trys to find the faith that he needs to help the mission league.
I seriously loved this book, it's not my usual type of book as i'm sure you've all realized before that I am a romance book kind of girl but I really got into this book, She describes everything really amazingly and I could really picture everything ( Plus there are these really cool character sketches which are here) Every chapter had something new that shocked me and I will defiantly be reading the other 3 books in the series when they are released! I especially loved the ending chapters but i won't talk about them as I don't want to give anything away for anyone who wants to read it!
Overall I loved this book and would recomend it to anyone, even people who don't usually read Christian fiction like me:)

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I think it is good too so far and I'm looking forward to learning more about the Mission League

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and reviewing the book, Summer! I'm glad you liked it. And I love the fonts on your blog. So cute!
    :-)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete