Thursday 26 September 2013

Promo and Guest Post; Secrets of the moon.


Hey,
I'm here with a promo for a book and also a guest post from said book's author. so the book is Secrets of the moon by Kristy Centeno Here's the (really pretty) cover;
Blurb;
Teenager Marjorie Emery eluded death. As she struggles to get her life back on track, she believes her efforts are paying off. Yet, when a black dressing, unfriendly, and incredibly handsome hottie walks into her classroom, she’s forced into a tailspin. Marjorie has no idea how much his presence is going to shatter what little tranquility she’s achieved.

 Kyran Rousseau’s gloomy nature has a name, one that is potentially fatal under the right circumstances. His family harbors secrets and does everything to protect Kyran. While, he doesn’t want to ruin Marjorie’s normal life, love has a way of changing his plans.

 Falling for Kyran is the least of Marjorie’s worries. With a faceless threat hunting her and a boyfriend who's as dangerous as he is good looking—how can Marjorie and Kyran keep all hell from breaking loose before it’s too late?

and here is the lovely guest post. time for me to sign off :) ;

The Werewolf - Myth and Fascination
The werewolf has been a source of fascination for hundreds of years. The legend of a half-animal, half-human being is one of the longest myths I have come across. During the time I was writing Secrets of the Moon, I researched hundreds of websites and came to the staggering conclusion that the werewolf legend is far older than I originally thought. Though it became extremely popular during later years, the first reports date back to somewhere in 600 B.C.
By the 1500’s it became a source of sheer, unadulterated terror. Hundreds of people were executed because they were either presumed to be werewolves, were accused by others of being this mythological creature, or they confessed to have the ability to shift from human to wolf. The eyewitness account seemed to consist with recent disappearances from the area. This alone was enough to set the town (village) into a frenzied mode. And thus, the accused became suspects.
Although the werewolf legend had spread terror to those who believed in the myth, during more recent times the way this mythological creature is seen has changed drastically. The werewolf now has a very unique appeal, which draws the general public to the point of obsession. Not that I can blame anyone. I’m probably just as obsessed as any other avid reader, or movie lover.
I do have to say though, as much as I am fascinated by the werewolf and what it supposedly represents, I have no doubt in my mind that, although incredible and downright irresistible, it is nothing but a myth. However, it was on these basic historical facts that I based Secrets of the Moon. I began to ponder the ‘what if’s’. What if the werewolf existed? What if the myth was real? What if the legend were not just legends, but actual events that involved real werewolves? What kind of lives did they live when they were being hunted down by humans? How would they live in modern times? What if they hid among us? What would we do?
The more I read about the legend and how it affected people, I began to really contemplate writing my own werewolf saga, taking into consideration all these questions. I wanted to play a bit with the legend and twist it around to a dramatic point where readers would not be able to guess in what direction I wanted to take the story until they finished the actual book.
My longtime fascination with this myth is what ultimately led me to venture into the werewolf world. With Secrets of the Moon I hope to achieve a new version to this myth plus transform the legend in some way. Or at very least give it a brand new twist.
After all, if the interest for these creatures has only increased over the years, one can only imagine how much more captivating it can get in the future?



Love,


1 comment: